RULES OF THE GRAVEL TOUR DU MONT BLANC *
art 1 : Presentation
THE GRAVEL TOUR DU MONT BLANC is only for men and women riding GRAVEL bikes and only them. This race is going to take place on the 3rd of September 2022 and will be more or less 100km and 200 km long. The GPX route will be send to each rider, one week before the race.
art 2 : Conditions of participations
– Be at least 18 years old
– Electronic chips will be used for tracking
– GRAVEL bike only
– Doctor’s certificate (less than 12 months old) OR National Cycling Federation / UCI licence is mandatory
– All riders are required to wear an approved helmet and cannot remove it at any time while riding.
– No support or follow vehicles are allowed. Aid stations will be well stocked and able to handle participant’s needs.
– Riders must ALWAYS obey traffic laws and strictly obey any law enforcement persons or official ride personnel. In the interest of your own safety, you should always assume the same level of vigilance in riding your bike during the event that you would under normal circumstances.
– Headphones/ear buds are NOT permitted during a ride.
– Riders must always respect the directions of all course marshals. If you’re told to stop by a course marshal, moto official, uniformed officer or otherwise, YOU MUST STOP!
– All riders must attend the “riders’ meeting” held at the staging area 30 minutes prior to the event.
– Shortcutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A rider is required to stay on the designated route. It is the rider’s responsibility to know the designated ride route. Lack of tape or barriers will not constitute an excuse for cutting the course.
– Laws and ordinances of appropriate jurisdictions shall be observed during participation in the event.
– A rider may be disqualified for damaging or destroying public or private property. A rider may be held liable for all cost associated with the damage or destruction.
– The organisation officials reserve the right to make changes to the course, delay start times and/or postpone the event as necessary for safety or security purposes or at the request of permit issuers.
– Make sure your tyres are completely inflated and in good condition
– At the end of the race, you must return the chip and everything lent by the organisation otherwise you will be charged 100€
art 3 : General conditions
– I am always focus to avoid injuries – I am aware of my speed and master my bike – I will do my best to win while respecting the others (riders, spectators, …) – I am participating primarily because I love bikes and I will do my best to make the event pleasant – I know that the race brings risks and I accept them. I will not held the Vélo d’Olt association and the SPORTUNIT firm responsible in case of falls or other damages – I will bring a well maintained bike – In case of falls or big material problems, the riders will have to go out of the race – I recognize being responsible during the whole event and can’t held responsible the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc association, or the difference collaborators and sponsors.
art 4 : Registration cancellation
For participants who wish, a “cancellation” insurance is offered when registering to one of the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc races on the registration platform, the policy of which can be viewed via the Sports N Connect platform. This option must be subscribed before the validation of the order. This option allows the participant -under certain conditions established by the insurer chosen by the organizer- to be reimbursed for the registration fees paid.
If the racer has not taken out cancellation insurance he will not be able to request any reimbursement from the organization.
art 5 – Mandatory equipment
To participate to the race, regarding the difficulty, the area and the possible bad weather during the race, each participant should present at the check in bike and at the chechpooint the following equipment :
– An Helmet
– Front and rear light set charged and in good working order
– Headlamp charged and in good working order
– External battery charged and in good working order
– A smartphone charged and in good working order
– A whistle
– A pair of gloves
– A waterproof jacket
– Yellow high visibility waistcoat (or harness)
– An emergency blanket(140x200cm)
– A repair kit with 2 inner tubes minimum
– 2 bottles minimum (1,2L) + a solid rativo
art 6 – Assistance and Maximum Time of Race
Individual assistance is only permitted in the areas identified by the organiser (the areas will be sent to participants at least 1 month before the race). Outside of these areas, individual assistance is forbidden, as well as accompaniment during the race.
Accompanying persons are forbidden except in areas marked out by the organization (areas will be revealed at least 1 month before the race).
Any assistance outside these areas is prohibited, as is accompanying someone in the race.
Maximum time of race
For each race a maximum time is determinated, the racers crossing the finish line beyond the maximum race time will no longer be ranked and therefore no longer considered finisher.
Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc solo or duo : 31h (racers should cross the finish line before the 4th of September 2022 at noon)
Half Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc solo or duo : 15h (racers should cross the finish line before the 3th of September 2022 at 23h)
The organizer could define Time Restrictions to preserve the security of the racers. They will be revealed at least 3 months before the race.
In that case, the time restrictions are mandatory and there will be no exceptions. The participant will be disqualified if they arrive after the given time limit. The racer’s bib numbers will be communicated by the race director, the lower left corner of the bib will be cut by the post manager and the racer will be asked to take public transportation back to Chamonix. In the case of a racer wishing to continue the course despite not making the time restriction, the post manager will take the bib and the racer will no longer be considered a participant of the Mont-Blanc races. He will no longer be under the organizer’s responsibility.
In the case of bad weather, and for reasons of security, the organizers reserve the right to stop the race or modify the time check points at any stage. Any such decisions will be taken by the Race director.
art 7 – Insurance
– The Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc association has a subscription to a liability insurance as organizer, but each rider must subscribed to his own insurance
– It is highly recommended that athletes maintain liability and health insurance to sufficiently cover their participation, their own damages and damages caused to others (spectators, volunteers)
Cancellation insurance :
All participants in one of the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc races can take out cancellation insurance when registering, as set out in the “Cancellation of registration” article of these regulations.
Civil liability :
In accordance with the legislation in force, the Organizer has taken out insurance covering the pecuniary consequences of its civil liability, that of its employees and of all participants in the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc. With regard to the civil liability of the participants, the intervention of this insurance for them is limited to the accidents which they could cause during the course of the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc. This guarantee will intervene in addition or in the absence of other insurance which the participants could benefit from elsewhere. Proof can be communicated to any participant on request.
Individual accident :
Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc recommends to each competitor to have their own accident insurance which will cover any costs of search and rescue in France, Italy and Switzerland.
Such insurance can be taken out with Assur Connect. Click the link https://graveltourdumontblanc.assur-connect.com
Helicopter-borne evacuations in Switzerland are not free of charge nor are the evacuations made in France by a private helicopter. The choice of the evacuation depends exclusively on the organisation, which will systematically prioritise the racers’ security.
The organizer declines all responsibility in the event of damage (theft, breakage, loss, etc.) suffered by the personal property of participants, even if the organizer provides surveillance. The participant, in his capacity as owner, expressly agrees to retain custody of such personal property during the event. This covers in particular any damage to the participant’s personal property while it is left in the racers’ bags set up during the event by the organizer. Participants will therefore not be able to take action against the organizer for any damage caused to their equipment. Taking out insurance covering these risks is the responsibility of each individual.
art 8 – Helth Measures
Regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, each racer has to respect the health measures of the government running during the race.
REMINDER OF THE INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY THE GOVERNMENT:
Let’s fight together against Covid-19. Let us respect barrier gestures to limit and slow down the spread of the virus.
* Wash your hands regularly or use a hydro-alcoholic solution.
* Cough or sneeze in your elbow or handkerchief.
* Blow your nose in a disposable tissue then throw it away.
* Avoid touching your face.
* Maintain a distance of at least one meter from others.
Greet without shaking hands and stop hugging. In the absence of treatment, the best protection for you and for your loved ones is, at all times, to respect barrier measures and physical distancing. In addition, wear a mask when the distance of one meter cannot be respected.
art 9 – anti-Doping
- The Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc can not accept registration from rider under doping violation convition in cycling or in other sport
If you are controlled after the race, you have to send to Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc an attestation (at least 3 months after the race) with negative result to be able to race in the future at the races organized by Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc. You should get in touch with the AFLD : email@example.com and ask them to send you an attestation of negative result for the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc and then send it to Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc association by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail : Association Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc – 686 route d’Ormanet – 74120 Demi-Quartier – FRANCE
art 10 – Image rights
I understand that at the GRAVEL TOUR DU MONT BLANC events or related activities, I may be filmed or photographed. I agree to allow my photographic, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, licensees and assigns. I hereby grant (to the extent permitted by law) the Organizers an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, and royalty-free license (without restrictions as to territory, time, use, other limitations or any obligations) to reproduce, publicly perform and display, distribute and otherwise use and exploit (and authorize others to do the same) in such manner as the Organizers determine in their sole discretion, all photographs, video tape, or other audiovisual material of me recorded at GRAVEL TOUR DU MONT BLANC (the “AV Materials”), in whole or in part, edited or unedited, modified or unmodified, alone or together with other materials, in any and all media or technology now existing or hereinafter devised. To the extent permitted by law, I hereby release and hold harmless the Organizers, their licensees or any institution transmitting, displaying or otherwise using the AV Material (“Released Parties”) (x) from any and all claims, causes of action, damages of every kind and nature whatsoever which I, my heirs, executors or assigns may have on account of the granting of the rights set forth herein or any use or exploitation of the AV Material (including without limitation what might be deemed to be misrepresentations, distortions, optical illusions or faulty reproduction of the AV Material which may occur). Should the irrevocable nature of the grant in this paragraph be deemed ineffective and you revoke the grant, you agree to pay any damages necessary to fully compensate Organizers for any losses caused by said revoking, including expectations.
art 11 – Course modification and Mayor strengths
In case of unfavorable weather conditions (large quantities or rain or snow at altitude, strong wind, thunderstorms…) and following the decision of the race director the organization reserves the right to modify start times, to modify, stop or cancel the course, and modify time restrictions.
Before the race
In cases of force majeure (red or orange weather alerts) preventing competition running, natural disasters (earthquakes, storms), or major political events (revolution, war, terrorist attacks) except pandemic forcing the organization to cancel the event, 100% of the cashed registration fee will be reimbursed.
Not reimbursed: cancellation insurance, bank and plateform fees.
To benefit from this refund, you must make a request by email to the organization before September 30, 2022.
This refund will be made by crediting your credit card.
During the race
In case of force majeur the organization can stop the race. In this case the racer arriving at a refreshment station or control check-point must follow the instructions given by the volunteers and will be required to comply with them. No refund will be made.
art 12 – Acceptation to Rules & Regulations
By validate their registration, racers accept all the terms or the Gravel Tour du Mont Blanc rules.
These rules & regulations may be amended at any time and without notice by the organization team until September 3, 2022. Any new versions of the rules & regulations will be posted on the event website graveltourdumontblanc.com
* subject to change until the race day (2022 September 3rd)